A title of honor or honorary title is a title bestowed upon individuals or organizations as an award in recognition of their merits.
Sometimes the title bears the same or nearly the same name as a title of authority, but the person bestowed does not have to carry any duties, possibly except for ceremonial ones.
Some examples of honorary titles from various areas are:
* Colonel (title)
* Fellow of an academic, artistic, or professional society
* Freeman of the City of London
* Hero of the Russian Federation
* Honorary degree or position, such as honorary Professor
* Knight, Dame, or Companion of an honorific order
* New Knowledge Worker of Korea
* People's Artist
Some historical honorary titles may be bought, just like certain nobility titles. This has long been a matter of fraud, both outright and indirect.
Some honorary titles serve as positions of sinecure and honorary retirement.
* False titles of nobility
* Hereditary titles
* Honorary title (academic)
* Honorary titles in Russia
* Royal and noble styles
* Style (manner of address)
抄文引用元・出典: フリー百科事典『 ウィキペディア（Wikipedia）』
■ウィキペディアで「title of honor」の詳細全文を読む