The University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore (initials:UVAS), is a public research university located in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan. It has additional teaching campuses in rural areas of Punjab, Pattoki and Jhang.
Established in 1882, it is one of the oldest institution of veterinary sciences and microbiology in Asia and is one of the institution founded by the Great Britain. Since its inception, it maintained its reoccupation as one of the famous and renown institution Veterinary and animal sciences, and conducts wide range of research in microbiology and development of human resource. The university offers undergraduate, post-graduate, and doctoral programmes in diverse fields of animals health, food irradiation, security and safety.〔 The university maintains its highest ranks and regarded as one of the top university in "agriculture" category by the HEC, as of 2010.
New Campus/ Ravi Campus Pattoki
In June 2002 on the up gradation of the college of veterinary sciences to the status of the University, Punjab Government allotted about 1000 Acres at Pattoki for the establishment of the sub campus for the education and research work activities. This is named as Ravi Campus, Pattoki. Following degree programs are being offered at this campus:-
Under Graduate Programs
BS (Hons) Dairy Technology
BS (Hons) Poultry Sciences
BS (Hons) Fisheries & Aquaculture/ Applied Zology
Post Graduate Programs
M.Phil Dairy Technology & Animal Nutrition
Ph.D Live stock Management
Fiseries & Aquaculture
Animal Breeding and Genetics
Live Stock Assistant Diploma (2 year Morning & Evening Program)
Poultry Assistant Diploma (2 year Program)
To impart quality education with rich opportunities of Hands on Training & research.
Development of about 1000 acres of land taken over from Government of Punjab.
Preparation of land for cultivation of fodder for experimental animals
Production of fodder for University farms (Dairy & Small Ruminants)
Sowing of fodder cash crops etc. for income generation
Commercialization of research and expertise from the university also plays and generates significant economic growth and business opportunities in Pakistan, as many recommendation by university's think tanks are adopted by the government.〔 The university's own programme is focused towards building efforts on poverty reduction, prosperity, livestock production and building a generation of trained manpower in the country.
* Faculty of Veterinary Science,
* Faculty of Bio sciences Science,
* Faculty of Animal Production & Technology,
* Department of Dairy Technology, (Philosopher Aziz a famous student of UVAS and Dairy Technology.)
* Dairy Training & Research Center Ravi Campus Pattoki.
* Department of Meat Technology
* Faculty of Fisheries & Wildlife,
* Faculty of Life Sciences Business Management,
* Institute of Continuing Education & Extension,
* Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences,
* Institute of Biochemistry & Biotechnology,
* Internationally Accredited University Diagnostic Lab (over ISO 17025)
* Internationally Accredited Quality Operations Lab (over ISO 17025)
* Bioequivalence Study (BeSt) Center
* Pet Center
* Information Technology center
* College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Jhang
* Business Incubation Center
The University offers following undergraduate degree programs.
* Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) (5 Year)
* Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm-D) (5 Year)
* Doctor of Nutrition & Dietetics (DND) (5 Year)
* BS (Hons.) Dairy Technology at Ravi Campus Pattoki
* BS (Hons.) Poultry Science at Ravi Campus Pattoki
* BS (Hons.) Applied Zoology at Ravi Campus Pattoki
* BS (Hons.) Biotechnology
* BS (Hons.) Biochemistry
* BS (Hons.) Applied Microbiology
* BS (Hons.) Environmental Sciences
* BS (Hons.) Biological Sciences
* BBA (Hons)
The University offers following Master level degree programs.
* MBA (Executive)(Evening) (2 Year)
* MBA Life Sciences (3.5 Year)
* MBA Banking & Finance (3.5 Year)
* M.Sc Zoology (2 Year)
* M.Sc Biochemistry (2 Year)
* M.Sc Biological Sciences (2 Year)
The following Postgraduate degree programs (M.Phil & Ph.D) are offered in different disciplines. The number of students has increased from 650 in 2003 to 4000 in 2011.
M.Phil (23 Disciplines)
抄文引用元・出典: フリー百科事典『 ウィキペディア（Wikipedia）』
■ウィキペディアで「University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences」の詳細全文を読む