Leonard Green & Partners, L.P. ("LGP") is a private equity firm based in Los Angeles, United States, with over $15 billion of private equity capital raised since inception. The firm specializes in leveraged buyout transactions, particularly of middle market companies. On May 30, 2012, Leonard Green & Partners, L.P. announced the closing of the firm’s sixth private equity investment fund, Green Equity Investors VI, L.P. (“GEI VI”) with $6.25 billion of committed capital.
The company has its headquarters in West Los Angeles, Los Angeles.〔"Dog on the Loose. (Wall Street West). (VCA Antech Inc. went...." ''Los Angeles Business Journal''. January 14, 2002. Retrieved on August 13, 2012. "So, in September of 2000, VCA was taken private by a group that included the West Los Angeles LBO shop Leonard Green & Partners."〕 The firm, founded in 1989, has approximately 45 employees based in its Los Angeles, California office.
Leonard Green is currently investing its sixth fund, Green Equity Investors VI, L.P. with $6.25 billion of committed capital.〔Source: Preqin〕 Prior to that it had invested its fifth fund, Green Equity Investors V, LP, which it completed fundraising in March 2007 with over $5.3 billion of investor commitments. The firm's fifth fund was nearly three times the size of its previous fund, the $1.85 billion Green Equity Investors IV, LP. Leonard Green had previously raised $1.24 billion for its third fund in 1998, $311 million for its second fund in 1994 and $216 million for its debut fund in 1990.〔 At the end of 2007, Leonard Green was ranked #32 among the 50 largest private equity firms globally.
Founded in 1989, Leonard Green & Partners has invested in 62 companies with aggregate value of $54.6 billion. Among the firm's historical investments are the following:
* Rite Aid, 1999
* Big 5 Sporting Goods, 1992
* Petco, (2000, 2006) Leonard Green and TPG Capital invested $200 million to acquire the pet supplies retailer as part of a $600 million buyout. Within two years they sold most of it in a public offering that valued the company at $1 billion. Petco’s market value more than doubled by the end of 2004 and the firms would ultimately realize a gain of $1.2 billion. Then, in 2006, the private equity firms took Petco private again for $1.68 billion.
* Leslie's Poolmart, June 1997
* Sports Authority, February 2003
* Varsity Brands, April 2003.
* FTD Group, Inc., October 2003. Leonard Green announced a $445.4 million going private acquisition of FTD in which the firm invested $179.0 million. On February 8, 2005, FTD completed an initial public offering.〔"http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9806EFDF113CF934A35753C1A9659C8B63〕
* David's Bridal, November 2006
* Priscilla of Boston, April 2007
* The Container Store, July 2007
* Whole Foods Market, November 2008
*AerSale, January 2010〔(【引用サイトリンク】url=http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/aersale-holdings-inc-completes-250-million-equity-raise-with-leonard-green--partners-lp-81347242.html )〕
* Lucky Brand Jeans, on December 2013, for $225 million from Kate Spade & Company
抄文引用元・出典: フリー百科事典『 ウィキペディア（Wikipedia）』
■ウィキペディアで「Leonard Green & Partners」の詳細全文を読む