An Angler's loop is a type of knot which forms a fixed loop. Useful for fine or slippery line, it is one of the few loop knots which holds well in bungee cord. It is quite secure but it jams badly and is not suitable if the knot will need to be untied.
Angler's loop may be tied
* alone and then used,
* it may be tied in the bight or at the working end
* it may be tied one handed
* it may be fashioned with several loops
* it may be locked for additional stability
* it may be tied at high speed in an emergency〔http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CocXkMwxU6Y, video showing how to tie Angler's loop at high speed in an emergency〕
* it may be tied through an object (typically a ring),〔http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEIQx45ZIfM video showing how to tie Angler's loop through an object.〕
File:OltaciBagi1.JPG|Start with a loop near the working end
File:OltaciBagi2.JPG|Continue with two loops around standing end
File:OltaciBagi3.JPG|one large and one small in the middle
File:OltaciBagi4.JPG|Pull the large loop over the small (working end) and through the first loop
File:OltaciBagi5.JPG|Tighten pulling in all three directions.
Angler's loop may be tied around the hand, it may also be tied this way one handed, or with several loops if need be:
File:Noeud arabesque 1.jpg|Hold the working end, loop the standing end 3 times around the palm
File:Noeud arabesque 2.jpg|Pull the outmost loop inwards under the first two
File:Noeud arabesque 4.jpg|Pull the next outmost over the one(s) in the middle and under the now innermost loop
File:Noeud arabesque 6.jpg|Pull the now innermost loop(s) and the standing end to tighten.
File:Noeud arabesque 7.jpg|Done.
* Angler's loop may be locked additionally with half hitches
* Angler's loop may be fashioned with several loops (then locking may be necessary)
抄文引用元・出典: フリー百科事典『 ウィキペディア（Wikipedia）』